Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Tacos Today

I have been known to eat a taco or two in my day and while the specific day of the week never starts or stops me, here I sit on a Tuesday and I am craving TACOS. Hard, soft, flour or corn I can't think of a type of taco I don't enjoy. Unless, that is, if it is a tiny taco. Scratch that, I love taquitos - just bring them to me in bulk. 

Let's Taco 'bout it

So, as I've set a goal to be more productive in my posts, I am going to set aside some time (not restricted to Tuesdays, but I've got to start somewhere) to talk all things taco. I will be sharing some insights, favorite preparations, sides, and salsas. I will also reveal some of my favorite places to chow down when I'm out and about around town. 

BUT - and this is the important part - I want to hear from you too. Chime in and let me know if I hit the nail on the head or if I'm just plain crazy. If you have the best way to do taco night, or know a hidden gem of a taco truck, or just want to let me know you love tacos too put it in the comments and lettuce foster some taco knowledge together!

It is in that spirit which I will now share my obsession over the last year or so ...

Duck, duck, goose

El Pato Jalapeno! 
I found and then promptly fell in love with El Pato green sauce. I put it on everything. Tacos? Check. Eggs? You betcha. Salad? Who needs dressing? I put it on my pancakes. There are a few good reasons why you should try El Pato if you haven't had the joy already:
  • The Name - "El Pato" is just plain fun to say.
  • It's cheap - At under 2 bucks for 12 oz I've been hard pressed to locate a more reasonably priced sauce. Find it in the "ethnic" aisle or whatever you grocer calls the one with beans and rice in it. There will be cans of their red sauce for even cheaper - good too, but not the same.
  • Flavor - Is this the hottest sauce on the market? Far from it, but Pato brings the heat without being presumptuous. There are some sweet notes, and you can definitely taste the peppers. This is a flavor enhancer, not a blow torch. 
  • Versatility - As I mentioned above, I use it on everything. That's because it works well in so many applications. Later down the road, I will share a Chicken Verde recipe I developed that uses El Pato as a braising liquid. Watch out!




There you have it. El Pato Jalapeno is my go-to condiment on Taco Tuesday and every day in between.

Is there a hot sauce or accompaniment that you can't live without?

-AW

No comments:

Post a Comment