Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Black Wednesday

Forget "Black Friday", what am I thinking grocery shopping the day before Thanksgiving!? I am off to one of my favorite places on the planet, and on a day that it will be teaming with turkey-hungry lunatics desperate to shop with expediency yet remain in my way at all times. Everyone at the grocery store this time of year wanders around oblivious to the world acting as if the world revolves solely around them when they know darn well it revolves around me. I MUST eat something before I go lest I snap.

I am shopping for fixings to make oyster dressing. It is the one dish that, because I am away from my family, I am not 100% guaranteed to be served during my favorite meal of the year so I have taken it upon myself to make it. For the past four years, it has become a much talked about dish and one I am beginning to wonder why I only prepare once a year.

Here is my shopping list:
  • One or two jars of oysters (depending on the size of the jar and the oyster)
  • One head of celery
  • One loaf of bread
  • One can of mushrooms
  • Butter
  • Milk
  • I already have the proper seasoning (salt, pepper, sage).  
Sounds simple enough right? Now, put everything in the bag and nobody gets hurt.

Catch you on the flip side.

AW

1 comment:

  1. It only took 10 minutes to park and I only wanted to punch two people three times :)

    ReplyDelete