Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tongue Teaser



In order to whet your appetites while “waitin’ for bacon,” I thought I would post a recipe I have been using for Pineapple Salsa. This is basically a rendition of my World Renowned Salsa (check back in the summer, and bring your favorite fire extinguisher) but here I substitute pineapple chunks in place of traditional tomatoes. Most recently I have been using this to add some pep to fish tacos, but it also works well on a chip or as a great garnish for a teriyaki chicken recipe which I will share later. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 can pineapple chunks (quartered)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2/3 cup red onion (chopped)
1 jalapeno (finely chopped) *remove seeds and veins if you’d like, I’ll pass no judgment
Cilantro: (small palm full if dried,1/4 cup chopped if fresh) *as with most herbs I lean toward fresh
Juice of 1/2 lime

Combine all ingredients. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I bet it'd be great with some super salty blue chips.

    ReplyDelete