Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Choco-holic's Dream

Yesterday, in my ever evolving search for work, I found myself in new territory. There I was, in a professional kitchen, taking orders from a pastry chef. I had to pinch myself between nibbles. I was honored to be asked into Olympic Provisions - a kitchen renowned for its cured meats. Their bacon is the best and their salamis have been saluted by the likes of The New Yorker. I was at once giddy and nervous. It was my first coming to the Mecca of Meat and I was working with ... chocolate!?

And oh boy what tasty, tasty chocolate. OP's Chocolate Salami is a delicate blend of ganache, nuts and spices that mimics the flavors from their popular meat products. One bite and you will be hooked for life. They are a sweet treat that no one should be deprived of.

My role was simple: weigh, package and label. But, it was great to get a taste of a new field and learn about a dessert I'd never heard of. The perks weren't that bad either ...

Yours in food,

AW

1 comment: